Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to picturepost.unh.edu. This site includes access to information and web-based resources related to Digital Earth Watch and Picture Post. The Site is developed and maintained by the University System of New Hampshire.
Last Update: 09/27/2013
(1) Our goal is to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date, but the University System of New Hampshire makes no representations, warranties or assurances (expressed or implied) as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of such information.
We shall not be liable for any damage or injury which may arise from the use of or reliance upon any information provided in this Site or from your inability to access the website. We assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damage or injury to you, your computer or other personal property including, but not limited to, damages caused by viruses that infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to our Site or from your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio, or other items from the website.
(2) Some links in this website may lead to websites which are not under our control. When you visit any of those websites you will leave our Site and we will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material or any website which is not our under control. External sites are not endorsed by us and we make no representation or warranty as to the content contained in any such external website.
(4) By uploading this Image, you warrant that you have the right to distribute this Image and agree that the University of New Hampshire may use this Image for any lawful purpose. Furthermore, you grant to the University of New Hampshire, its representatives and employees a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual license to use, exploit, adapt, modify, reproduce, distribute, publically perform, and display without attribution, in any form now known or later developed, the Image throughout the world, by incorporating it or them into the Picture Post Project at http://picturepost.unh.edu/
(5) Use of Publishing Tools. You are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via this Site. You agree not to:
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, embarrassing, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to any other person or entity.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship.
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person, including without limitation under any privacy or publicity rights.
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs which interrupt, destroy, limit the functionality of, or cause damage to the Site or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges.
- Interfere with or disrupt this Site or servers or networks connected to this Site, or fail to comply with any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this Site.
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- "Stalk," harass, or otherwise harm another Site user.
- Collect or store personal data about other Site users.
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual.
(6) This Site is provided as a service to our visitors. We reserve the right to delete, modify or supplement the content of this Site at any time for any reason without notification to anyone.
(7) Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability: You agree that neither the University System of New Hampshire, nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers, suppliers, subsidiaries, or divisions shall have any liability to you under any theory of liability or indemnity in connection with your use of this Site. You hereby release and forever waive any and all claims you may have against the University System of New Hampshire, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, suppliers, subsidiaries, or divisions (including but not limited to claims based upon the negligence of the University System of New Hampshire its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers, suppliers, subsidiaries, or divisions) for losses or damages you sustain in connection with your use of this Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing paragraph, the total liability of the University System of New Hampshire, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers, suppliers, subsidiaries, and divisions, if any, for losses or damages shall not exceed the fees paid by the user for the particular information or service provided. In no event shall the University System of New Hampshire, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers, suppliers, subsidiaries, or divisions be liable to you for any losses or damages other than the amount referred to above. All other damages, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive arising from any use of the information or other parts of usnh.edu are hereby excluded even if the University System of New Hampshire, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers, suppliers subsidiaries, or divisions have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Neither the University System of New Hampshire, nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers or employees, nor any third party vendor will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage that you incur in the event of any failure or interruption of this Site, or resulting from the act or omission of any other party involved in making this Site or the data contained therein available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to or your inability to access the Site or these materials, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of the University System of New Hampshire or of any vendor providing software or services support.
(8) License to Use Submissions: All comments, articles, tutorials, screenshots, pictures, graphics, tools, downloads, and all other materials submitted to Picture Post in connection with the Site or available through the Site (collectively, "Submissions") remain the property of the original author. If you submit Submissions to Picture Post, you must adhere to any applicable submission guidelines that may be posted from time to time on the Site.
All pictures on the Picture Post website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. If you do not agree to submit or use pictures under this license, do not upload or download any materials to or from the Picture Post Site.
9. Logo Usage: The DEW and Picture Post logos are propriety to the University System of New Hampshire, and the University System of New Hampshire retains all right, title, and interest in and to those logos. You may not use the DEW or Picture Post logos without written permission from the University System of New Hampshire.
(10) Copyright Information: You bear the burden of determining the proper usage of any Materials or content on this Site or any other Site. Any copyright notice contained in this Notice or in any other part of this Site shall remain intact and unaltered and shall be included with any use or copy of all or any such part of this Site. The user must include an appropriate citation crediting the source of all or any portion of this Site.
(11) Notification of Copyright Infringement: Picture Post will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on this Site or on sites linked to or from this Site, please follow the procedures outlined for the University Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Implementation.
The goal of the Picture Post Forums is to promote enjoyment and stewardship of the outdoors through picture post activities. It is an open forum for discussing all aspects of taking repeat digital photographs, analyzing data, monitoring the outdoor environment, educating the public about environmental change, and general citizen science efforts.
The forum guidelines for posting are important and should be read and accepted before you choose to participate. Picture Post encourages contributors who are courteous, polite and respectful. We discourage those who choose to behave in a disrespectful and/or irresponsible manner. Picture Post, its staff and volunteer moderators will take appropriate steps to ensure discussions adhere to these guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of a forum discussion post that you have read, you can use the 'report' icon found at the bottom of that post. This alerts a Picture Post Forum Moderator to look into that topic. You may also contact the author of the post, citing the appropriate section of the forum guidelines. Be respectful.
Discussion forums are moderated to preserve the spirit of an open, interactive discussion without offending participants. Please understand that we are not attempting to censor any messages or opinions.
1. To post in the Picture Post Discussion Forums, you must be 18 years or older, or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
2. Forum courtesy: Please treat Picture Post, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests in these forums with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or many posts, everyone should be treated respectfully.
3. Foul language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family-friendly. All forum posts must conform to a family-friendly standard and contributors must act accordingly. It is not appropriate to replace characters in a profane word to elude the built-in censoring filter, or forum moderation.
4. Personal attacks and inflammatory or antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to post criticism, please do so constructively. Generalized, vicious or veiled attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.
5. Sock puppet accounts are not permitted. A sock-puppet account is created and used by a person who already has a primary account, for the purpose of posting anonymously. Posts from known sock puppet accounts may be deleted, and both the sock-puppet and primary accounts may be suspended from the Picture Post sites. Please use your real, primary account for posting in the Picture Post forums.
6. Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should stay on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that veer off topic may be redirected, closed or moderated by a moderator. Deliberate disruption or derailing of topics is not appropriate. However, our moderators allow for natural progressions of topics.
7. Private discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, we ask that you please use the Private Message feature that is provided through the Picture Post forums. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general Picture Post community.
8. Spam: Posting the same message, or an unsolicited commercial message, to one or many topics or boards is considered spamming and may result in a restriction on future forum posting privileges. Duplicate messages may be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board. Moderators can take action when a thread should be moved to a more appropriate section.
9. Commerciality and postings with a larger agenda: We will limit forum discussions that promote commercial, social, political or charitable agendas as well as those which do not reasonably relate to the activity of the Picture Post Network.
Threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that our Volunteer Forum Moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, Picture Post reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, at its sole discretion.
10. We generally do not allow surveys to be conducted in the Picture Post forums.
11. Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion forum is online; please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. An exception is if the post does not meet forum guidelines and is moderated. Moderated posts may be removed or edited by moderators or Picture Post. In the unlikely event that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.
12. If someone has posted copyrighted material or otherwise illegal material, please notify Picture Post so that we may take appropriate action, or report the content using the 'report' icon at the bottom of the post. Owners of copyrighted materials will be required to submit a copyright claim in accordance with the Picture Post Terms of Service Agreement, Claims of Copyright Infringement section 11.
13. Abuse of this forum will not be tolerated.
Additional Terms: The Picture Post Forums are further governed by the above Picture Post TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT, the terms of which are hereby incorporated into these guidelines by reference.